Wednesday 27 October 2010

Battle Cry! A tale that grew in the telling.........

Hurrah!! I have at last manged to acquire a copy of the Avalon Hill/Hasbro ACW game Battle Cry! from ebay. Since this has been out of production it has been very difficult to get and expensive with it. My copy has cost me just over £20 which is pretty good but the shipping from the US will be a little stiff - not to mention the inevitable surcharge when it reaches our shores!

I used to own a copy of this straight after it came out but passed it on as part of an exchange deal and have regretted it ever since - especially when it when out of print!

I am very pleased to have acquired this though as it fills a gaping hole in my collection. Next up will be the Worthington Games: Napoleon's War once a new supply reaches the UK.

2 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

David,

Take it from me ... your purchase will be worth it.

The box should include a banner that says something like 'Hours of wargaming fun guaranteed!'

All the best,

Bob

David Crook said...

Cheers Bob - I am really looking forward to getting this!