Wednesday 6 October 2010

Minifigs Ships....Part 1


The above shows a selection of the cruiser type models I have from the Minifigs 1/1200th scale WW1 ship range. I have eleven on total and intend using the bigger models (the two central ships) as armoured cruisers whilst the smaller types will be protected/light cruisers. As soon as I have rediscovered the catalogue list I will be able to identify them - in fact I may even have the details on an earlier post on this blog so will check back through the earlier entries when I get a chance. As you can see, the detail is adequate for what will after all be gaming rather than display pieces - detail wise GHQ they ain't! This does not bother me at all as they are only representative of their types and have the advantage of having absolutely nothing that can break off. In later posts I will show the dreadnoughts and battle cruisers as well as the destroyers and torpedo boats.
Note to self: Ensure that tanker loads of grey paint is in store!

2 comments:

SteelonSand said...

I think the funnels are a little exaggerated, but they have a really great business-like look about them; should paint up well, I expect - looking forward to seeing more on these!

David Crook said...

Hi Sos ,

The funnels are a little overdone but as I said - GHQ they ain't! They are solid and durable representations of the ships in question and are great gaming pieces.I have painted some of these before during the famous South East Asia WW1 Naval Campaign organised by Eric Knowles circa 1980 using Fletcher Pratt. They paint up really nicely and in a typical Minifigs way.

All the best,

DC