Saturday 12 March 2011

"These Beams are made for Walking.....


...And that's just what they'll do...." (with apologies to Nancy Sinatra!)


No modelling activity this week despite my announced intention to make a further 14 models for the ACW project. This morning however has changed all that - my special order from Peter Pig of a pack of 'walking beams' has arrived which will enable me to make at least four models that featured them. This means that the Rayleigh shipyard will be going back into production this evening - as well as preparing the first batch of models for painting. I have even managed to get a substantial amount of work completed on the second draft of my rules set for the collection as well as discussing matter fort related with SteelonSand after his magnificent model of Fort Humpter featured on his blog.

All in all then, busy, busy, busy with not so much as a whiff of glue all week!

2 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

I look forward to seeing the new additions to your fleet and the second draft of the rules in the very near future.

All the best,

Bob

David Crook said...

Hi Bob,

I hope to have the second draft finished in the next couple of days - I need to finish the ship specifications first. the models are now underway and of course, pictures will be forthcoming in due course. Ironically the first models I am building are the last three Cairo class gumboats for the Union!

All the best,

DC