Wednesday 23 November 2011

The Portable Naval Wargame (Again)....Final Thoughts

With the fickleness of indecision for which I am legendary I have decided that I will complete the ship specifications to go the rules after all. This is not as painful as it sounds since I already have pretty much most of the world's navies tabled in one form or another and so 'tweaking' them to the new format would not be a massive undertaking. I really want to have the entire 'offering' on one plate so to speak, as much for my own benefit as anything else as it means that I will not have to draft up new ship specifications for any other ships I might acquire in the future (and before you ask, yes I do have a couple of long term ideas on the go!). It also means that when I pass them on to anybody that is interested they will have everything they need to get straight into the action. In the short term then, it means I shall have to concentrate on beating this task into submission over the course of the next few days.


The earlier version - covering 1860 to 1890 - will have to wait for a while as I want to get the ACW ships finished first.


For a variety of domestic reasons my planned foray into the ACW this weekend will have to be postponed for a week but on the plus side I can get to go to the Toy and Train Fair at my daughter's school on Sunday so the weekend will hopefully feature some satisfying retail therapy.


The last time I went to this event (it is held every six weeks or so) I was able to acquire some BMC die cast warships - upon which the famed Minifigs ships were, ahem, based - so I am hopeful that I may be able to repeat this.

No comments: