Sunday 13 May 2012

The week that just keeps getting better!


This will sit nicely on the bookshelf next to my other Conway Naval titles!

Now that the rain has finally stopped the local boot sales are tentatively emerging from under the covers and so SWMBO and I headed out to a local field for our usual Sunday summertime perambulation. Boy was I glad we did! Pictured above is one of those books that I have been meaning to acquire but always seems to be at the bottom of the shopping list.

Naval Weapons of WW2 by John Campbell (ISBN 0 85177 329 X) covers, on a national basis, the following topics:

Guns and Mountings

Torpedoes

Mines

Anti-Submarine Weapons

Air-Launched Anti-Shipping Weapons

Rockets and Early Missiles

Basically it is all the technical detail you would need about any weaponry carried by a warship during WW2.

I know there is also a version that covers WW1 in a similar vein so that will also be on the 'to get' list at some point. I should point out that the book I mange to acquire this morning cost me the princely sum of £3 so I am feeling pretty smug at the moment!

2 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

David,

I own this book and the equivalent WWI book ... and they are essential books for anyone with an interest in 20th century naval warfare.

Ipaid full price for both my copies ... and I am very envious indeed!

All the best,

Bob

David Crook said...

Hi Bob,

It has been a really good week for me (and I have two interviews tomorrow!) and getting this at a knock down price helped to put the chrome on it! I will have to get the WW1 title now for completeness.

All the best,

DC