Wednesday 24 October 2012

More on Jutland - A Lot More!



Great read and worth signing up for!

Well it has been a busy couple of days on the Jutland research front. My attention was drawn to the Old Soldier magazine - Old Soldier that came about as a follow on to the Boardgamer magazine which in turn followed on from the old Avalon Hill General. Tom Cundiff, the owner of the Old Soldier magazine was able to put me in touch with Bruce Monnin - the owner of the Boardgamer. Bruce very kindly sent the PDF of the  article that I wanted (although he pointed out this was not his usual method of operation) and it is absolutely bang on the money for what I want.

Coming back to the Old Soldier, it appears that they also produce a number of very nice counter sets for many of the old Avalon Hill games - including a stonking set entitled Jutland: All the World's Navies which is a collection of all the major warships of the world converted into Jutland terms and with a very nice coloured counter to go with it, as well as all the data sheets required. This is a magnificent piece of work although sadly beyond my current budget (USD 125 for the whole thing although you have to cut the ships out yourself) although if I could get the data sheets it would be a massive boost as I would be using models in any event.

I would like to express my thanks to both Tom and Bruce for helping out with this - it is hugely appreciated!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

$125 U.S.D. Ouch !!!
Jeff

David Crook said...

Hi Jeff,

It sounds a lot in one fell swoop but what you are getting is a very comprehensive set of ships and data sheets. I would if I could but am unable at present to think about spending that kind of money.

One for a lottery win methinks!

All the best,

DC