Tuesday 9 April 2013

Rolling up the sleeves once again

I kind of hit a bit of a wall with the pre dreadnought part of the Feziana nd Rusland fleets. So far I have managed to paint sixty models (Ok, thirty two of them were destroyers) and painting the pre dreadnoughts will be very easy when I get to them but the problem I have is that the models have to be assembled first. They are quite fiddly with separate turrets and numerous military masts and to be honest, I have found this part to be both tedious and irritating!

It put me off.

It put me off and I was more than a little peeved at the ease with which I 'rolled over'.

In the meantime though, I applied myself to the aerial rules amendments and these are now very close to being finished and so, with the rush of enthusiasm that follows the completion of 'x' (not to mention the realisation that if I don't do it no-one else will!), I am now back in the naval groove - complete with the obligatory super glued fingers!

The models will be assembled, based and undercoated by the weekend with the main paint job to be tackled then. However, and this is something I have NEVER done, I am also working on a little painting task for something that I have no immediate use for. This will be appearing on the blog in due course - hopefully in a few days. What this means of course is that I am painting something for the sheer pleasure of painting it. This is something very new for me, in no uncertain terms! I would never have thought this possible as my loathing of painting is legendary but I guess it just goes to show that you are never too old to change.

Something about old dogs and new tricks springs to mind!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I almost always paint things I have no immediate use for. Then I create a use for them, which leads to more figures to paint. And this is how my lead mountain is being built.

David Crook said...

Hi Anne,

I must to never having thought about it like that! The two items I am painting I will certainly have a use for in due course - sooner rather than later if I get a job - and now you mention it - does a plastic mountain count as well? If so, then I am guilty as charged!

All the best,

DC