Wednesday 1 May 2013

The Battle of Kara Deniz, January 1913....An Apology

Ok then, I will have to admit defeat with this one! The game was too large and extended over too many different actions to be easily condensed into anything less than five or even six posts. I have spent a lot of time trying to edit it down into something meaningful but every time I think I have it nailed something I have forgotten re emerges from from the pad of scribbled notes that has to be added back in.

It was too ambitious to fight as a single game as it was in effect almost a mini campaign - more accurately, a mini-Jutland.

My plan then, is to write the full thing up in its entirety, turn it into a PDF and make it available via Google docs or similar for those that want to read the whole thing.

I shall be retiring game number 39 from the list and will also take down the two posts drafted thus far as they will now feature in the file when ready.

Apologies to all for this and I am feeling rather foolish about the whole affair - next time it will be far more focused on a tactical battle rather than trying to fit a campaign in a few posts!

2 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

There's nothing to feel foolish about old boy!

David Crook said...

Hi Fran,

Many thanks old chap! The full sweep of the action was complex, far-reaching and with numerous sub-plots so to turn it into a blog post (or 6) proved to be too unwieldy.

It got to the stage where I was actually getting annoyed with editing the whole thing - and for a hobby that is a bad place to be!

Writing it up as I have suggested makes a lot more sense and it is also a lot clearer (and longer!).

All the best,

DC