Monday 24 November 2014

Turks in the Crimea






The latest title from Caliver Books - as pointed out to me by that very nice Mr. Fox - cheers old chap!

No surprises for guessing what has just crept to the top of my Xmas present list! Available now from Caliver Books for £17.50 and needless to say I am really looking forward to acquiring a copy. I will need to source some details on the Russian army of the period but suspect that will be somewhat easier. 

I hope.

"I can resist anything except temptation..."

4 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

This'll be high on Posties Xmas list too no doubt!

Conrad Kinch said...

I am seriously struggling with not buying this book.

David Crook said...

Hi Ray,

I always said that Postie was a man of rare taste and refinement....;-)

All the best,

DC

David Crook said...

Hi Mr Kinch,

As I recall you were dabbling in an idea around a C and C Crimean variant - with the inspiration this title might bring it may happen sooner rather than later!

Certainly any Russian infantry you have in the forage cap and greatcoat would be fine as opposition.

One to ponder methinks.

All the best,

DC